Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Sleeping in

NOT! Sure wish I could sleep in. Saturday morning, 6am, I am up. A few things to do today. It has been very warm here over the past few days, muggy, making for a less enjoyable blade in the afternoons. Will be nice to get out this morning, in the cool of the morning. It has been quite windy this week, a bit of a struggle each day, but I will have managed 90km for the week, after today.
Heading up the Okanagan today, at some point, probably early afternoon. I pick up the kids tomorrow at 10am for the day. Not quite sure what I have planned, but I am pretty sure that it will involve a trip to the pool. Always interesting, despite being an area centered around the lake, when asked, the kids prefer to go to the pool for a swim. It could be that they identify this activity with me, not sure, but whatever the reason I allow it to be there choice.
Back on Sunday night, probably around 11pm or so.

I just discovered that my local Starbucks has decided to renovate. This is not good. They have indicated that they will be closed from June 28th-July 11th inclusive. I am not sure what I am going to do, I guess suffer through. I am not sure I can survive without a good morning cup of coffee.

Going to try and pick up some sausages on the way through. There is this great deli, but I just rarely have time to stop, and they make the best sausages. So, today I have a chance so I will make a point of it. Funny how we find these places, sometimes out of the way, but important. The kids love gelato, introduced them to it last summer, so I am hunting down all of the gelato places around so we can go and enjoy a treat. I have not found one the Okanagan yet, maybe a web-search will help me here, but definitely there are a number in and around where I live.

More later.....