Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Blading Away

Approaching 800km now, should reach that milestone this week, barring any unfortunates.

Unfortunately, they have resumed hauling gravel on my route. My 1/2km warm-up loop was almost unpassable yesterday, especially around the corner. I guess when the trucks head around the corner, the load shifts and some spills out onto the roadway.
This is not just small gravel, but big-chunks now, not sure if this is indicative of any phase of development, or just what they haul (there is a gravel-crusher at the end of the road).

This is a short week for me as I head up to the Okanagan again on Friday, 3rd weekend in a row for me. I wish I had the stamina (and finances) to be able to do the weekly visits, rather than every two weeks. The kids have enjoyed me being there each week, a more consistent and stable approach.
A dream perhaps, but just not doable right now.