Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

blading fool

Well, it is February 13th and the weather is absolutely glorious.

I am going out for my first blade of the season. Last year, it was March 27th before I got out for the first time. Nice and early. My goal, set today, is 1,500km this year.
This will, however, mean that I need to get over the new-blade hump on my new blades or I am in it thick. My new blades were limiting my kms significantly at the tail-end of last year. I was hard-pressed to do 15km, settling for 8km much of the time due to pain.

Anyways, moderate goals today, will try for 15km but will settle for anything as I get back my fitness and stamina.