Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Blading

It has been a slow start this year for blading. I am finally starting to get some kms, but it has been a battle to date.
Adjusting to the new blades has been a slow process. My ankles were still sore, but are finally starting to build up some scar-tissue....but my back was also sore. I think it was adjusting to the different position that I am asked to hold with these blades as opposed to my previous pair.
Today, for the first time, my back was not sore for the run...and my ankles were doing ok....

What a great blade.

My goal this year is 1,500km. It should be doable as I accomplished close to that last year. In making this goal I counted on doing more than 15km in an average outing. I counted on being able to up that to 20km with my new blades. So far, with my back and ankles that just has not happened. Maybe now that can begin.
At the end of the season this year I plan to get a new pair of wheels and bearings. Probably will get these whether or not I reach my goal.

One of the other things I wanted to do this year was do at least one marathon. Not sure I can afford the cost or the time this year, but it was one of my goals. The distance is 42km, so I would like to do 1 or 2 runs of that distance this year to prove to myself I can do it.

Anyways, as of today I am 20% towards my goal. Getting there....