Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Goodbye, Gone

Recently there has been an immigration trial where a person, convicted of vehicular manslaughter was scheduled to be deported back to his home country. He was fighting this.
Remembering that he was not a resident or citizen of this country I welcome this policy. However, I would suggest a minor change:

Deport immediately upon conviction of a major crime.

Any person, so deported would have the opportunity to re-apply to enter this country, but switch the tables around. Instead of us having to justify and argue for their deportation, they would have to argue for their return.
These are not citizens of this country and not being a citizen we do not want him here.

We should protect our citizens through the process' of law, but these same rights do not apply to people who are visitors in this country.

Goodbye, good riddance....have a good life.