Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

October blading

Been a tough month for blading. It has been quite wet, and with the change to fall, so comes my other (winter) activity, curling. So, my time is greatly reduced. Of course, injuring myself earlier in the month did not help.

I was left 27km short of my second goal 2,000km. I managed one blade, bringing it down to 12km...but there I stuck. Last night, I finally managed that milestone. Would have liked to finish this in September, but I will take what I can.

In 2003 I managed 200km (or so) in October. This year I will be lucky to get 60km. I guess it depends on the weather, my schedule and other factors. I generally measure anything before May and after September as one month as my kms drop quite significantly.

But, I reached 2,000km (in 98 blades) and I have one more blade to reach 100. What this indicates to me is that with my schedule, activities and the weather I should plan around 100 blades in a year. To increase my kms, therefore, I would need to focus on my kms per blade, not increasing the number. I was over 20km average this year, and that would be my goal again next year. I will probably set 1,800km as my main goal, 2,000km being my second goal.
The date will be what I am trying to reach. In 2004 I reached 1,200km on August 27th. This year I reached 1,500km on the same day. My goal would be to reach 1,800km by that date.