Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Back on Track

Finally.....it has been a tough year for blading. With breaking in my new blades and the new position that they asked my body to assume I have been fighting all sorts of issues. With the new blades, as they are low-cuff boots, they were rubbing my ankles. This created a nice little area, about a loonie in size that was very, very painful.
This same issue caused me to reduce my blading distance last year dropping me short of the 1,500km I would have reached. Now, 30 blades into 2005 I have finally built up enough scar tissue and the boots have finally softened to the point where they are working great.
To compound matters, my lower back was giving me trouble. I assume this was due to the new position that these blades asked me to assume.

I was all very, very frustrating. However, maybe this has come to an end. Yesterday and today were wonderful. My back was fine and I even managed a 38:45 for 15km today. That is pretty quick. The best 15km I have done to date is 38:16, so this was pretty quick.

My goal this year is 1,500km towards which I have 470km. Last April and May I managed 242km each of those months. This year I had an awful April, only managing 132km. However, May has been a turnaround with 263km so far, and a possible 5 more blades. All going well, I might even make a run at 350km, my record month set last June.