Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Disneyland, update

Well, we did go. Having my son with me made things a little simpler, but I still had to get my daughter.

I tried, and continued to try to get a letter signed for US Immigration. This continued to early February when I approached a lawyer and had him send a warning salvo. This did not seem to help either. I was about 15min away from releasing him to file a motion to appear when I received word that the letters were going to be signed. I received the letters 7 days before we went to Disneyland.

What a load of rubbish. All of this so that I could take my kids to somewhere special. The trip itself was pretty good. Unfortunately, between my daughter and then my son they were both under the weather at various times during the trip. We still managed to do everything we wanted to do, we just kept our days in check and did not go crazy.
Now, they are asking to go again.....well, that indicates that being sick did not dampen their enthusiasm.....it will take me a few years to get there again, financially...hopefully we can go then.