Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Monday, July 26, 2004

a little cooler

It is a little cooler today. This morning, the wind was blowing, but it stopped and it was a much cooler evening. I had a nice blade tonight, except for the cars who resent me on the road and insist on honking at me as they pass. You have to wonder about drivers and the arrogance which is created by driving a big piece of metal around.
I am about 2.5km short (of a full load) of 1,000km with tonights blade. Feeling pretty good about that.

Looking forward to seeing the kids again on Saturday, if I can find them. Yes, they have gone missing. I am used to not being able to call them between my visits, it seems a little game played by my (now) ex wife to remind me that she has 'power'; however, I received a letter returned by the post office with the caption 'MOVED'. It will make for an interesting Saturday to say the least....just one more thing with which I need to contend in my day-to-day existence.

I rented Starsky and Hutch this weekend. Oh man, what a horrific movie. For some reason they decided to place it somewhere in the 80s, probably in the same timeframe as the original series, but it just did not work. The acting was awful, the story-line silly and there was not even any great action to keep my interest. I should have known better, should have checked the reviews first, but sometimes a good action-thriller takes your mind off things.