Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Cooler Day

The weather would appear to be changing. Much cooler this Saturday morning, we may lose our sunshine which we have enjoyed for some time. I am hoping I can get a blade in before it rains, if indeed it decides to do that.

This has been a long week. First week back after a week off, in the middle of a major project, we were working long hours to get things done. I was not a lot of fun this week.

From the personal side, it would appear that my ex has decided to re-start her difficulties. It has been a very challenging time, one which I had hoped would end in April when we reached conclusions on a variety of matters. It would appear, that she cannot live without the conflict and chaos and has continued to make things difficult. I think that there are people out there who thrive on chaos, I am not one; but it is possible that she is. So, the stability that our agreement offered was unimportant.
Really, it is how she approaches things which makes it so difficult. Rather than attempting to calm down and approach matters in a mature, calm fashion, she has chosen to bully and demand things. And, her demands are not reasonable, in fact, unobtainable. She also choses to bypass me in these, and call all of those people around me in an effort to get what she wants.
Very frustrating.
The latest, and most unfortunate consequence of this is my next scheduled weekend visit. She has now decided that she has the right to cancel my visits and has told me that this one is cancelled. She does not have this right, but it means that a confrontation will have to insue before things stabilize. This is all for no real reason, just her desire to make my visits as difficult as possible in a hope that I will stop. I won't, and the agreement that I have has clauses which will insure that I have a say in this, but I guess I will have to have them enforced.

Unfortunate, this is a bit of a negative posting. Been a tough week.