Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

New day

Today marks the second day, first full day, that I have the kids in August. On Friday, after work I drove up to Kelowna. The traffic was snarly all of the way out of the city, the August long weekend being the busiest of the year for people escaping.
Traffic was busy all the way through, even in Chilliwack where I stopped to get something to eat. I usually avoid Chilliwack as it is so busy, and Friday was no exception. I made it to Kelowna at about 11pm.
I picked up the kids at 10am and we decided to head straight for Vancouver. I took the Kamloops route this time, I normally dislike this route as it can get very slow being single lane much of the way. We stopped in Kamloops and had a bite to eat and a quick relax before we headed out.
The kids decided that they wanted to go to the Coquitlam pool today. Their options were to skip the pool, and go to the fireworks which were happening that night, or one of three pools that we like. They chose the Coquitlam pool. We had a good swim, then headed back home to have dinner.
I am kinda glad that they opted out of the fireworks, not sure I would have made it. I was pretty tired after driving up the day before and the long day of work, as well as driving down the following day. The fireworks, not starting until 10pm, makes it a late night and a lot of people and traffic.
Will fill in details later, right now the park is calling us.