Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Lazy Days and Mondays

We layed a little lower today than we have in the past. We needed to get a few things from the store, so we headed out. I wanted to look at inline skates for Heather, so we could all go skating, but I was having some trouble finding some. Mainly I needed to get a couple of backpacks for tomorrows daycamps.
After we got home I made an early dinner and then we went out to a local wading pool. Interesting how the sun is going down earlier now, then even in July. Getting cooler as well in the evenings, especially when the sun disappears and the wind picks up. The kids had fun, and burned off excess steam. We picked up a new watch strap for Daniel today, the other one was bothering me. Funny how the strap was almost as much as the original watch. It should do him well, it is a velcro one, which should be nice and tight.
Also picked up Heather a new pair of shoes. Wanted some for Daniel, but cannot find any.

They will really enjoy the daycamps. Lot of work for me, running back and forth. Wish they had better hours, 9:15am to 3:30pm is not long enough for me to get settled at work. However, probably long enough for them as they are pretty darn busy. Last year, my mom came over to help, which was great as I did not have to run back to pick them up. This year I am going to try it, and just juggle my work schedule as best I can.

Oh well, back to do a little bit of work before shutting her down.