Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Friday, August 27, 2004

Did it

Well, I did it. I don't know why I did it and sometimes I question how, but I managed to reach my goal of 1,200km today.

I was 21.5km short so I decided to lengthen my blade and reach it today. The weather appeared to be turning, so I felt I might not get another chance. The conditions were not ideal, cool and a headwind on my return journey, but I managed to do 23km.
Feels pretty good. Will see what I ultimately reach, guessing around 1,400km. My goal for next year will be 1,500km I think.

While I was out they were filming something at the Iona Beach recreational area. Judging by the For*d trucks, I would guess that it was a TV commercial, but hard to say. Not one of the better days to be doing that, unless they want those conditions. Will be interesting if the commercial airs, probably can recognize it when it comes out.