Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Olympics are over

They are done.. I guess it is time to get back to normal television watching - ie, nothing. I have to now wait another two years before the Winter Games (Turin, right?).

Weather appears to be improving. Yesterday was wet, drizzly, but it cleared up around 6pm. Today looks as though it is going to be overcast, a high of 21 is predicted. Maybe a nice day to get out and take some photographs or something similar to that.

Short week for me, leaving on Thursday for the Okanagan. Hopefully the wireless router will work and I can have internet access while I am there. With no phone I have been unable to do any work while we have been in the house, but hopefully that will change. That will give me a chance to do other things, includng email, while I am up there for weekends.
This weekend starts my regular bi-weekly schedule and as fall/winter approaches I have to start looking at other things, including winter tires and getting things ready for the cooler weather approaching.
My next longer visit is at Christmas where I have the kids for a week, and then at Spring Break where I have them for longer. Looking forward to those times. Longer periods allow me to get settled into a routine. I do not really have a support network setup here, so it means I am on the go a lot, but it is nice to be able to spend some consistent time with them.
Heather met a friend at daycamp this summer, but unfortunately she lives in LA so there will not be too many playdays organized between them. Daniel did not apparently meet anyone with whom he clicked to that level.

In any case, that is a few months away.