Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Did It

May has been a pretty good month for blading. The weather has not been great, but my body has finally started to be good to me.

My month record was 350km, set last June. I was getting close finishing off last week at 308km. The weather was predicted to be ok so I had intentions of running 23km each of Monday and Tuesday to break my record. However, the weather changed.

Monday was ok and I pushed it and managed 30km, the longest single-blade distance I have done this year. It rained most of Tuesday and was not looking good. All of a sudden, at 6:00pm, the sun came out and dried the road and I was able to get out again. I pushed it again and did another 30km run.

So, my May total is 368km.

Really nice to be doing longer blades. I had wanted to make 23km my standard distance and I will still try to do that. If I could extend that to 30km, great....but it is not my plan. I still have plans to do a couple of ultra-long distances this year, 45km which would be equivalent to a marathon distance.

Hoping that the weather improves for June....maybe I can break 368km.