Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Curling

A lot of people dis curling. From the initial view, it is not a tremendously exciting sport, and does not appear challenging. However, once played it is much more difficult than at first it appears. Granted, it is not an aerobic sport, although sweeping can produce shortness of breath.

This year I have decided to increase my level of curling. I continue to curl in the novice league which offers a good venue to increase your skills in a non-competitive manner, but I also decided to curl in the mens league. I hope that I can contnue, because I will learn an incredible amount if I am allowed to curl at this level. Wondering if I jumped too far. I think that, in many cases, when you reach the end of your novice days, you go into the next league as a group, people who have curled together. Here I am joining an established team.
There are other leagues and my hope is that I have not chosen badly.

So, all told I will be curling 5 times each two weeks and trying to practise in addition to that. I am hopeful that this will improve my level of playing.