Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

ouch

I received my new blades yesterday, yesterday being Tuesday. Been waiting for two weeks. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating.

Today, Wednesday, the weather suddenly cleared, the sun came out and dried the road. I raced home and went out on my new blades. Managed to get out about 1km, and the truck slipped from the boot, so I hobbled back to get a wrench (thankfully I brought it) and tightened everything up again.

The boots need breaking in, they are very, very stiff and blading was not without its share of pain. Managed to get out about 4km and the boots slipped again. I brought the tool with me.

I am very sore tonight, after finishing the 15km. Major blisters on my ankles where the cuff of the boots are and I am pretty darn sore. I remember when I bought my last pair of blades. When I used to come home from a blade I would be in major pain, even getting the blades off was painful. I anticipate the same break-in period for these ones. Nice that it has begun.

Hopefully the weather will hold and I will get another blade in before the weekend and some rest of my sore parts.