Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Labour Day

Back so soon?

It was a shorter weekend for me than was expected, or hoped for. I dropped the kids off on Sunday at 10am, so I travelled down and was home by about 5pm.

The wireless router worked which was great, giving me the ability to do a little work this weekend. That will make it a lot easier to support all of the things which are going on around me, even when I am in the little house.
I picked up another wireless router yesterday, they are inexpensive nowadays, and have set it up here in my local place. It is handy to have, rather than stringing cables across the floor.

In one way it is nice to have a day off before I return to work. Normally, I arrive fairly late and it knocks me back fairly far for Monday. I will have a day here to do a few things around the place, get some groceries, before the grind starts for the week.
We had a pretty good weekend, went to the IPE in Armstrong, went swimming. The kids had a good time playing with their cousins, really good time. Heather especially is really enjoying her cousin, which is fantastic. It makes it much easier when they are off playing, and look forward to their visits.