Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Sunday Reflections

Sunday, the day of reflection. Well, at least for me. This is the day where I quietly contemplate where things are in my life. I am not religious, although I was raised that way, but I still consider Sunday to be a special day.

For example, I do not like to work on a Sunday. That has to have been established through my upbringing, that Sunday was the special family day. You need a day like that, whether it was established based on a religious tradition, or another way. It is impossible for someone to work 7 days a week. I work pretty hard, upward of 60+ hours a week. No issues or complaints, but I burn out and I think that Sunday is the day I need.

Now, today, what are my thoughts.

1) Grey. It is kinda grey outside, but dry (despite the forecasts), so I should be able to squeeze a blade in before the rains come, if they do come.
2) Pants. Need to look at some pants for Daniel, jeans specifically.
3) House. I definitely have to do something about the recycling.

Pretty drab huh, but it is Sunday and you are allowed those drab, mundane thoughts on a Sunday. Now, if this were Saturday, those thoughts would be forbidden, Saturday is the 'do' day, the day you run around and do things.