Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Not as much ouch

Second time is a charm. Well, maybe not quite a charm, but not nearly as painful as the first time. The frame did not slip out this time, which made the world of difference. The road is not in great condition as they are hauling dirt again....needs a rainfall to clear it up.
Will take some time to get used to the blades. It is funny, they do not feel as fast as my older blades, but I am pretty sure I am moving quicker. I think my stride is longer and there is less effort in going the same distance.

On my way to work this morning, I was watching a man, riding a bicycle with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth. Now, this may be the right plan for smokers everywhere. The harmfull effects of smoking counteracted by the bike ride while you are puffing.

I had a pretty good weekend in Kelowna. It was somewhat wet on Saturday, but on Sunday the rain cleared. So, we were able to get out on the bikes. We rode to City Park, and the Dragon Boat Festival was on. We were able to watch a race and then carried on for Hot Chocolate. After that Daniel indicated that he wanted to go to the bookstore. It was all the way across town, but he really wanted to go for a long ride.
Well, we set out...and he made it all the way there (and back of course). I was really impressed, good ride.