Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a divorced father of two working as a software engineer. As my kids are younger, I spend a lot of time planning my visits and organizing my time around that.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Another banner month

The weather this June has been inclement, to say the least, but I seem to be making progress towards another record month.

As of today, I need about 115km to reach my 368km record set last month. This is 5 blades (assuming 23km each blade), which should be easily achieved this month.
I am away next month, so that will drop the number of days I have remaining, so it might still be a little tight.

Tracking my totals against what I was achieving last year, I am on or over target meaning I should easily reach my 1,500km goal. Yesterday I tried something new. Along with my new wheels and bearings I received something which immitates a sock. It is made of neoprene and being quite slippery offers great protection to my ankles which continue to be sore and blister-prone.
I wish I had had this a year ago, things might have been easier. I will have to order a few more of them. It felt very strange, however, not to have socks on in my boots. I will try wearing my CoolMax socks today, if the weather holds and I am able to get out. This should absorb the sweat which my feet generate.